We assist in providing information, support, and referrals to other agencies, partner organizations, and services.
When you call, an intake specialist will ask you questions about you and your issue such as:
- Your name, address, and phone number
- The nature of your disability
- Some facts about your problem to help us determine how to best help you.
If the problem you are calling us about fits within DRVT’s current focus areas, I&R staff will interview you and gather information from you. We then send this information to the right department at DRVT to decide if your matter will be accepted or not for investigation, direct advocacy, or legal representation.
Our services are free of charge and confidential.
To contact our intake specialist call 1-800-834-7890 ext 109
*Disability Rights Vermont is not able to serve every individual calling for assistance and uses the following case acceptance criteria:
- Complaint falls within our program priorities
- Lack of alternative representation
- Immediacy and severity of potential harm to client
- Intervention will have a system-wide impact
We provide assistance with preparing an advance directive for health care; a legal document stating your treatment wishes in the event you are unable to make your own health care decisions.