Protection and Advocacy for Individual Rights (PAIR)
To protect and advocate for persons with disabilities other than those covered by either the PAIMI or the PADD Acts in order to prevent or redress abuse, neglect and serious rights violations, including violations of state, federal and Constitutional law.
Individuals with disabilities who are not eligible under the PAIMI or PADD programs.
Health Priority Area
- People with disabilities have access to needed health care/long term care; children with mental health needs will receive needed services and supports.
Quality Assurance Priority Area
- Olmstead: People with disabilities have access to appropriate services/supports in the least restrictive and most integrated settings.
- Maintain maximum SS benefits for adults who are disabled and working.
- Title II ADA: Increased accommodations for people with disabilities in government services, higher education, Reach Up, judicial and corrections systems - including people with disabilities who have been victims of crime, and parents with disabilities in the child protection system.
- Title III ADA: Individuals with disabilities will have increased access to businesses open to the public.
- Abuse, Neglect & Exploitation: Adults and children with disabilities living independently, in institutions, or in parental, family, group or developmental homes, are free from abuse, neglect or rights violations.
Housing Priority Area
- People with disabilities receive needed accommodations in housing.
Employment Priority Area
- People with disabilities will not be discriminated against in hiring, employment and advancement.
Transportation Priority Area
- People with disabilities have access to accessible transportation.